Please proofread the text below and notify me whether it is correct.
I wish to remove the images, as they take lots of space.
IRA LUMAN PRESTON, 5th. child of Ira and Deborah (Goff)
Preston, was born Feb. 21, 1825, in Rush, Monroe Co., N. Y.,
and died Jan. 3, 1904, at Prestonville, Macomb Co,, Mich.
He married Oct. 14, 1847, Cynthia Ann Allen, who was born
June 18, 1826, in Ridgeway, Orleans Co., N. Y., and, died
Nov. 15, 1873, at Prestonville, Mich. They lived at Prestonville,
Macomb Co., Mich. He married (2d) Rachel Hough.
Their children were:
1. Ella Victoria Preston, b. Mar. 29, 1851; d. Sep. 18, 1854.
2. Eli Victor Preston, b. July 21, 1855. (163,852)
3. Metta. V. Preston, b. Aug. 5, 1859. (163,853)
4. Jennie A. Preston, b. Jan. 26, 1864. (163,854)
ELI VICTOR PRESTON, 2nd. child of Ira Luman and Cynthia A.
(Allen) Preston, was born July 21, 1855, at Prestonville,
Mich., and died Jan. 25, 1924, at Hammond, La. He married
Oct. 31, 1877, May Cooley Stewart, born Feb. 9, 1856, at
Oshkosh, Wise., and died Feb. 8, 1929, at Hammond, La.
Mr. Preston, like his ancestors was a lumberman, and in 1890
he removed to Louisiana with his family. In character and
integrity he was exemplary. He liked the mild climate and the
people of the south so much that he spent the remainder of
his life there, To this union two daughters were born:
1. Clara Cynthia Preston, b. Aug. 14, 1878. (163,852,1)
2. Zoe May Preston, b. Feb. 15, 1882. (163,852,2) v
CLARA CYNTHIA PRESTON, oldest daughter of Eli V. and May
Cooley (Stewart) Preston, was born Aug. 14, 1878, at Dryden,
Michigan. She married at Kentwood, La., Sep. 6, 1899, Will
Colier Allen, born Jan. 23, 1876, at Crystal Springs, Miss.,
son of C. B. and Rhoda Ann (Rowan) Allen. They reside (1936)
at 909 N. Congress St., Jackson, Miss. They have two children;
1. William Preston Allen, b. Aug. 13, 1900. (163,852,11)
2. Elizabeth May Allen, b. July 8, 1909. (163,852,12)
WILLIAM PRESTON ALLEN, oldest child of Will Colier and
Clara Cynthia (Preston) Allen, was born Aug. 13, 1900, at
Meridian, Miss. He married Dec. 22, 1923, at Monroe, La.,
Jessie George, born June 30, 1904. Their children are:
1. William Preston Allen, Jr., b. Dec. 7, 1925, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
2. Patrick George Allen, b. Mar 27, 1934, Jackson, Miss.
ELIZABETH MAY ALLEN, 2nd. child of Will Colier and Clara
Cynthia (Preston) Allen, was born July 8, 1909, at JaCkson,
Miss. She married at Bolton, Miss., Feb. 14, 1932, Hartwell
Lee Cook, born Aug. 25, 1909, at Hazelhurst, Miss., the son
of Edwin M. and May (Sorsby) Cook.
Mrs. Elizabeth (Allen) Cook was educated at Millsaps College,