SEDGWICK.ORG presents:
A Sedgwick Genealogy: Descendants of Deacon Benjamin Sedgwick
page 298

Description First Page Previous Page Next Page Last Page
women and librarian in the Pacific School of Religion at Berkeley. In 1910-1911 and 1933 she spent three months each in travel in Europe and in 1935 and 1939 six months each. Congregationalist. She resides at 2737 Gerber Street, Berkeley, California.

Alfred Marshall Mason, 4th child of Elizabeth Persis (Safford) Mason (B5A,11) and Marshall Mason, was born September 19, 1871, at St. Albans, Vermont. He married November 16, 1898, at Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Ida Theresa Detling, born October 23, 1874, at Plymouth, Wisconsin, daughter of Marie Weiss Detling and Valentine Detling, and died, November 22, 1945. In the Spanish-American War he served with the Vermont National Guard as First Sergeant and was later commissioned a Lieutenant. He was stationed at Chickamauga Park but went to the Philippines in 1899 with the 26th Infantry, U.S.V. In October 1901 he joined the regular army as a Second Lieutenant in coast artillery, reporting at Camp Howard, Maryland. Other stations were: Fort Hancock, N.J.; Fort Preble, Maine; Fort Barrancas, Florida, and Fort Dupont, N.J. During the First World War he was in command of Fort Howard as a Colonel. He was retired through ill health in 1920 and made his home at Pasadena, California, where Mrs. Mason died November 22, 1945. Children:

1. Robert Lucas, b. June 23, 1902, at Baltimore. (B5A,114,1)

2. Elizabeth Marie, b. December 20, 1905, at Fort Barrancas, Fla. (B5A,114,2)

3. Anne Louise, b. January 29, 1914, at Salem, N.J. (B5A,114,3)

Robert Lucas Mason, 1st child of Alfred Marshall Mason (B5A,114) and Ida Detling Mason, was born June 23, 1902, at Fort Howard, Baltimore. He attended the University of Wisconsin and Lawrence University, Kansas. He married June 25, 1924, at San Jose, California, Gladys Marian Archer of that place, daughter of John Talbot Archer and Ava Smith Archer of Salinas, Kansas, born November 15, 1902. Robert was a Standard Oil salesman for fifteen years. He entered the Army Air Corps in 1942 and was promoted to be a major in 1943. He was stationed at Phoenix, Arizona, and Duncan Field, San Antonio,

Home | Books