1. Robert, January 12, 1852, in New York City. (B48,21)
2. Henry Brevoort, b. August 1, 1853, at Lenox, Mass.;
d. May 18, 1854.
3. Francis Edward, b. September 1, 1854, in New York
City; d. 1875. (B48,23)
4. William Ellery, b. September 15, 1856, in New York
City; d. in 1869.
5. Laura Brevoort, b. February 22, 1859, at Lenox,
6. Helen Ellery, b. September 5, 1861, at Lenox, Mass.
Robert Sedgwick, 1st child of William Ellery Sedgwick (B48,2) and
Constance I. (Brevoort) Sedgwick, was born January 12, 1852, in
New York City. He married November 13, 1878, Meta Brevoort
Renwick, daughter of Henry Renwick of New York City. He was
engaged in the tea business in China four years, returned to New
York City and was an insurance broker. Children, both born in New
1. Robert, Jr., b. April 25, 1880. (B48,211)
2. Henry Renwick, b. July 4, 1881. (B48,212)
Robert Sedgwick, Jr., 1st child of Robert Sedgwick (B48,21) and
Meta B. (Renwick) Sedgwick, was born April 25, 1880, graduated,
A.B., 1903, from Harvard, is a retired real estate broker and lives at
570 Park Avenue, New York City.
Henry Renwick Sedgwick, 2d child of Robert Sedgwick (B48, 21)
and Meta B. (Renwick) Sedgwick, was born July 4, 1881, in New
York City, graduated, A.B., in 1904 from Harvard, and was an
architect in New York City. He was a First Lieutenant in the
quartermaster's corps in the First World War. He was secretary of
the Beaux Arts Institute of Design; corresponding secretary, Society
of Beaux Arts Architects; director of Grand Jury Association of
New York County, and Chevalier de Legion d'Honneur, France. He
died suddenly at Newport, R.I., August 15, 1946, unmarried.