|Description||First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|
George and Maria Demetrius Sotiriadi of Athens, a graduate of the
Sorbonne, the University of Paris, and the Athens University School
of Law. She practiced law several years in Athens and later obtained
her Ph.D. degree at the University of Salonika, Greece. No children.
Mr. Sedgwick graduated at Harvard, A.B., 1894, and has received the degree Litt. D. from Tufts, Dartmouth and Syracuse Universities. He taught at Groton School, 1895-6; was on the editorial staff of the Worcester Gazette, 1896; Youth's Companion, 1896-1900; editor of the American Magazine and since 1909 was editor of the Atlantic Monthly and president of the Atlantic Monthly Company for thirty years. He is a member of the American Academy of Science and president of the Board of Trustees of the Boston Public Library. He is vice president of the Rumford Printing Company of Concord, N.H. He is a member of the Somerset, the Tavern and Harvard Clubs, Boston, and the Century, New York City. Of his children, Henrietta was born in New York City, the others at Boston:
1. Henrietta Ellery, b. May 13, 1906. (B47,451)
2. Ellery, Jr., b. October 28, 1908. (B47,452)
3. Walter Cabot, b. 1912; d. 1912, at Manchester, Mass.
4. Samuel Cabot, b. February 6, 1913. (B47,454)
5. Theodora, b, October 29, 1916; served abroad in 1945 in the Office of Strategic Service. (B47,455)